A/C won't turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Hello, when I turn my 2000 E.B. off, the climate control system is still on and blows air. I removed the control fuse.

Anyone else seen this problem? I about to replace the ACC Delay Relay but don't know if that will fix it.

Thanks.

OP
OP
G

better order a inside fuse box and gem module, get the water leak fixed on the windshield, and then put the new fusebox and gem module in. When i was a ford tech, i used to get one or two a month (f150s, expys and navis) doing that.

OP
OP
G

Thank you sooooo much.

I didn't realize I had a windshield leak. It has been raining for the past 2 weeks.

Do I need to replace the whole fuse box? Don't know what a gem unit is but I'll figure it out.

This sucks but you have been most helpful.

Have a great new year....

OP
OP
G

Yes, the interior fuse box comes with all the fuses and relays installed. The old one will have green corrosion growing in it, its made of several layers of copper plates seperated by layers of plastic. The GEM module is piggyback mounted on the fuse panel, so when you take them out, they will be screwed together. just take the screws out and put the new fusebox and gem together and put the old screws in it.

But if you dont find the water leak, it will happen all over again.

OP
OP
G

kidtriton,

Great call and knowledge. Found the leak. There were several spots where you can see where the water was leaking.

I found a GEM module for a F-150 on E-Bay for $25 compared to new for $180 at the dealer. Do you think they are the same? My wife has the Expy or I would compare the part numbers.

Thanks again. Hopefully your info should help a lot of others who are searching.

OP
OP
G

no, they arent the same, the gem does functions for things such as the rear window wiper, etc. The gem for the expy is also different depending on 2wd or 4wd.

OP
OP
G

Friend, thanks. That makes sense. I can't believe I cannot find a single web site that sells GEMs anywhere.

I took the dash apart and found water ontop of the fuse box and gem module.

It sucks that I may have to have a pro replace them both because I can't get to them.

Oh well, the hardest part of finding a problem with a car is finding the problem and you've taken care of that...

OP
OP
G

Sorry to do this to ya'll but I can't seem to log in and I need to get a hold of Kidtriton. Everytime I try to log in I get a page not found screen. Kidtriton can you please drop me a line at "aessa"@austin.rr.com". I have a question about my Explorer.

Thanks,,,,
A Essa