A cold morning got me thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How hard would it be to add heated washer fluid, I am gonna do a little research-

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
On my old Scout II (which didn't have a great defroster) I had a double loop of thin copper tubing around the radiator hose that the washer fluid ran through. It worked pretty good, but took some trial and error to get right. I first had several loops around the radiator hose, but the fluid was getting too hot. I also had to disconnect it in the summer for obvious reasons.

OP
OP
Jay87LX

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, I just watched a Youtube vid where he slices a brake line into the washer fluid lines and wraps it around the rad hose
I think I will try pouring rubbing alcohol into the washer res first

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read in a automotive project book that there is an aftermarket kit... I've never tried it, but here it is:

Windshield Washer Fluid Heater

$150 or so plus the work to get it in.

I do like copper tube method for being pretty cheap.

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Whack, me likes!
The other concern is possibly cracking the windshield with heat, but should be ok. Using coolant to heat it is a fail, because by the time the heat is in the windshield ****, the defroster is probably more effective.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry about the hotshot link...

Like how the order now finally tells you they are out...