Adding RCA video camera connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

God LOVES YOU

Reaction score
The 2017 SYNC 3 lost the RCA A/V connection jacks. How is the best fix to get that functionality back? Thanks and Happy New Year.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2017 SYNC 3 lost the RCA A/V connection jacks. How is the best fix to get that functionality back? Thanks and Happy New Year.
Welcome to the forum God LOVES YOU. I'm not sure what you mean by lost the RCA A/V connection jacks. Where are the jacks supposed to be?

OP
OP
G

God LOVES YOU

Reaction score
The SYNC 3 entertainment package does not include that functionality. On my Wife’s Taurus Limited the are in the console beside the USB input jacks.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SYNC 3 entertainment package does not include that functionality. On my Wife’s Taurus Limited the are in the console beside the USB input jacks.
Okay I understand what you mean now. I don't have the entertainment package on my 17. I think there are some jacks on the back of the console in my Expedition but I've never looked closely at them.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious why you need these and what exactly do you use them for in your wife’s car?

Only reason for rca jacks is for a music source (usb is used for that now), video which only works if the car is in park (why would you want to watch tv on the console in the front seat), or a gaming system ( again why would you be doing this in the front seat and probably would only work while car is in park). I don’t think Sync3 lost this functionality, I think it wasn’t needed and I don’t think it’s been used in years. Last Ford I can find that had it was in 2013

OP
OP
G

God LOVES YOU

Reaction score
My wife’s Taurus is a 2015 Limited. While it has the functionality, I don’t use it on her car. I want it on my Expedition for the wireless backup camera on my car trailer. I had added this on my old Expedition and assumed the new one would probably have it since the Taurus did.

OP
OP
G

God LOVES YOU

Reaction score
The LOCKPICK device is what I’m looking for but it doesn’t show it to be compatible with the 2017 SYNC3. I’ll chase that some more. Thanks!