Am I crazy, go with 137K 2012 limited 4WD, HD Tow ($10K) over a 107K 2014 XLT 2WD ($16K)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenRoomSon

Reaction score
Hello,

I can get a like new 107K miles 2014 XLT out of the door for $16,000 (2 owners, no accidents). An alternative is a 2012 Limited 4WD with Heavy Duty tow package with 137K miles (3 owners, mild accident, needs a detail clean). I have not had either car inspected by a mechanic but assuming both do not have any red flags I was thinking about going with the 2012 because I will be using it to haul a big boat and the money I saved can go towards what I understand is an inevitable Cam Phaser Timing fix.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would keep looking, there are lower mile examples that may be on the market. I personally own a 2011 4WD HD tow with 65000 miles, not looking to sell now but, I've seen similar vehicles on the market in the last 6 months. BTW besides getting the complete maintenance history, the other thing that you need to either confirm was done or plan on doing is the 5 HVAC blend door actuators, which is a fairly large expense unless you do yourself.

Here is an Autotrader search for 500 miles of the 27104 zip code (don't know where you are in NC.

Auto Trader Search

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire