Atoto S8 wiring trouble '13 EL-XLT w/Sync & Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdstny

Reaction score
Near as I can tell, there's no such thing as a pre-made wiring adapter from the Atoto to the OEM harness. Therefore, I need help wiring a new one from scratch, and I'm apparently dim enough that I need it spelled out for me. Heck, if I could pay someone for a working harness, I would do that. Probably shoulda done that before buying their external amp and a funky adapter kit that doesn't have all the grey plugs.

I picked up this stereo last May and I am still unable to use it. It won't even power on. The subwoofer clicks when you plug in the harness, but that's the only life it shows. So...I bought a set of OEM service manuals including wiring diagrams and I am just baffled at how complicated this is. Stuff does not line up, and if you follow the wiring diagram, you get 4 unused wires in the OEM harness and 7 unused wires from the Atoto plus one completely unused grey plug (I think it's the OEM backup camera).

I have purchased 2 different adapters, one of which never got soldered so that'll be the one I start from scratch with.

Has anyone got any notes, diagrams, or links to an effective solution that works? Alternately, does anyone have a link to a working harness?

If you're in Colorado, I would be glad to imbibe with you once this is all done. My treat.