auto lights staying on and random parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So our expedition doesnt get driven much anymore, mainly for family trips, or hauling boat or trailer. So it will go from 1k mile trips, pulling boat 50 miles and sitting for 2-3 weeks.

A while back (6 months or so) i noticed the lights on randomly. The headlight switch was on auto. turning it to off shut the lights off. So i got in the habbit of leaving it off, but it has done it again a couple times since.
looking at the wire diagram, the HL switch is discrete wire for each position back to the SJB (Dumb Junction Box)

Just a while ago, the parking brake engaged message with the brake warning light started coming on at random while driving. I know there was a cluster issue with the F150's, but i have ruled that out as pulling the cluster didnt change the malfunction.

The parking brake switch is good and the wire diagram shows it going to the SJB as well.

from there the SJB converts inputs to CAN bus signal on the medium speed CAN line, which the cluster is on.

So i am thinking it make be something with the SJB since both of these issues go to the SJB.

has anyone else had these problems, and was it the SJB?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire