Back up camera not working .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon1985

Reaction score
F05DD963-D958-4E21-9EDC-7EC43C9BAD28.jpeg Hello everyone new here I bought an 2010 Expedition EL Limited last month awesome upgrade from the 02 explorer I had and I simply love it! But only weird problem I’m having is the back up camera goes black on the screen it’s fuzzy looking too . Is this a know problem with expedition’s and is there a easy fix ? Sometimes it works fine but as of right now it’s not working. I’ve notice if I manually shut the rear door it will start working again . I’m also going to reach out to the salesman I bought it from the ford dealership to see if they can do anything for me I figured I would ask here first if anyone knew how to fix this thanks !

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
View attachment 21405 Hello everyone new here I bought an 2010 Expedition EL Limited last month awesome upgrade from the 02 explorer I had and I simply love it! But only weird problem I’m having is the back up camera goes black on the screen it’s fuzzy looking too . Is this a know problem with expedition’s and is there a easy fix ? Sometimes it works fine but as of right now it’s not working. I’ve notice if I manually shut the rear door it will start working again . I’m also going to reach out to the salesman I bought it from the ford dealership to see if they can do anything for me I figured I would ask here first if anyone knew how to fix this thanks !
I second ExpeditionAndy. Could be some corrosion or just loose connection especially since you said it works after u manually shut door

miked588

Reaction score
Mine does this as well from time to time. '14 Limited EL. It will randomly come on and work. Keep me posted on what you find.

OP
OP
J

Jon1985

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I’ll take a look at the connections in the back door hopefully I’ll find something.

miked588

Reaction score
Hey there, what did you find out? I've been having the same issue on my 14. I took it to a local stereo shop and they want to replace it for a minimum of 200.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Backup camera on my '08 stopped working one time. Removed the tailgate trim, unplugged the connections, sprayed with some electrical cleaner, put back together and all has been well since then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus