Behemoth - My 2006 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benm

Reaction score
As a fan of The Expanse, I named my new (old) Expy Behemoth. Because, you know, it's large.

I got it last weekend in Knoxville, and I'm slowly doing some stuff to it. Figured I would document it somewhere.

Here it was when I bought it with 129k miles.

IMG_3381.jpeg

I took off the side steps and the wind deflector things. I hunt a lot, so I go off road a good bit. This thing will see a good bit of dirt and rocks, so I feel like getting everything a little higher is a good idea. Here it is right now.

exp.jpeg

List of things that are coming:

• Tonight I'll be using Leather Honey cleaner and conditioner to hopefully clean up and restore the King Ranch seats. They aren't in that bad of shape, but there's a bit of crustiness/cracking I want to deal with.
  • I purchased a CarPlay system with a backup camera that I'll be installing on Sunday
  • WeatherTech mats should be here tomorrow
  • New headlights should be here tomorrow as well
  • New TPMS sensors arrived today, so hopefully new tires soon. I like the wheels (20" F-150 wheels) so I'll stick with them, but I'll put a set of more aggressive AT's on it, like the Cooper Rugged Trek or maybe just good ol BFG AT's. Haven't decided yet
  • Rear parking sensors are bad. I'll replace them soon. I think they arrived today
That's all so far. I'll post updates as I get things done!

OP
OP
benm

benm

Reaction score
Whew. Big job yesterday. Got the Boss BV850ACP installed yesterday, along with the backup camera and the steering wheel controls. It took a few hours. Of course I got to the end and needed an extension for the RCA video cable to hook up to the backup cam. Ran around on Sunday afternoon and found an RCA cable (male to male) and also found a coupler, which seemed to do the trick. All is working as expected, and it's very nice to have CarPlay again!

Here's a photo that shows the dashed ripped out, and the finished install of the head unit.

stereo.jpg

Oh also the WeatherTech mats are in. Seem fine!