Black...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s another MAJOR downside you didn’t consider.

Wraps don’t cure cancer either. :-(

Oh and no, I’ve had mine for 3+ years and have never needed to maintain it any differently then I do the rest of the car...and that leading edge is chip free
Pointless to have a wrap without taking care of it with bi annual maintenance. Must’ve been put on by a sub professional shop that doesn’t offer a maintenance plan. The three in my area all include 2 maintenance appointments where the wrap is cleaned and inspected

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pointless to have a wrap without taking care of it with bi annual maintenance. Must’ve been put on by a sub professional shop that doesn’t offer a maintenance plan. The three in my area all include 2 maintenance appointments where the wrap is cleaned and inspected

LOL.

If you’re sealing the vehicle annually you don’t use their sealants.

https://www.xpel.com/care

And from the company directly:

“Using our Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant takes the guesswork out of what to use, and will absolutely be a great product for the film. That said, you can use any wax that doesn't contain any petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene.
This info is also found at XPEL.com/Care”

Tell us. Where did the film touch you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL.

If you’re sealing the vehicle annually you don’t use their sealants.

https://www.xpel.com/care

And from the company directly:

“Using our Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant takes the guesswork out of what to use, and will absolutely be a great product for the film. That said, you can use any wax that doesn't contain any petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene.
This info is also found at XPEL.com/Care”

Tell us. Where did the film touch you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m talking about annual maintenance on the film applied. States it right on their website you sent me in last comment. If I’m getting a film wrap, there needs to be almost quarterly maintenance on the film to keep it looking good. See below. Idk what you’re talking about but all my comments have been towards annually inspecting and cleaning the film. Can’t just apply it and call it a day for 3 years
009A010C-4AC6-4880-BD1D-53E1C9388A93.jpeg

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m talking about annual maintenance on the film applied. States it right on their website you sent me in last comment. If I’m getting a film wrap, there needs to be almost quarterly maintenance on the film to keep it looking good. See below. Idk what you’re talking about but all my comments have been towards annually inspecting and cleaning the film. Can’t just apply it and call it a day for 3 years
View attachment 31713

Yep. And like Ive been saying...if the vehicle is being detailed and sealed every year. You’re good. Only a sucker is going to have their vehicle sealed every 90 days (you’ll notice that for their matte finish film they don’t even recommend the sealer because it will make it shiny).

Do what you like. I’ve had mine for 50,000 harsh summer and winter miles. It’s flawless and still looks like glass. If it begins to yellow within 10 years (I never keep vehicles longer than 4-5) it’s replaced with just the original proof of purchase.

Best of luck with your brave fight against film!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. And like Ive been saying...if the vehicle is being detailed and sealed every year. You’re good. Only a sucker is going to have their vehicle sealed every 90 days (you’ll notice that for their matte finish film they don’t even recommend the sealer because it will make it shiny).

Do what you like. I’ve had mine for 50,000 harsh summer and winter miles. It’s flawless and still looks like glass. If it begins to yellow within 10 years (I never keep vehicles longer than 4-5) it’s replaced with just the original proof of purchase.

Best of luck with your brave fight against film!
You have a thick ass skull bro. I can’t dumb it down any further, my 2 year old understands what I’m trying to say though

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
View attachment 31722
Jesus here we go again. a polish does not remove paint. A compound removes oxidized clear coat, Polish alone will only remove embedded surface material and grime. If you’re polishing “paint” you’ve got bigger issues to worry about. Seeing as how you own a 19 year old truck, your clear coat is probably non existent so yes YOU would be polishing paint. A well kept finish is achieved through paint decon, clay bar, compound, polish, glaze, wax/ceramic coating. Please don’t tell me you just go out there after a wash and polish your truck and call it clean...
Here is a recent photo, for a know it all. The clear coat looks dam good for age and Buffalo winters. It is OCD to obsessively wash and wax a daily driver. This one gets a coat of Turtle Wax Ice or Harley Davidson gloss coat about twice a year.100_1474[1].JPG

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 31722

Here is a recent photo, for a know it all. The clear coat looks dam good for age and Buffalo winters. It is OCD to obsessively wash and wax a daily driver. This one gets a coat of Turtle Wax Ice or Harley Davidson gloss coat about twice a year.View attachment 31723
Hahahahahahah Hahahah
Hahahahahahah
Hahahahahahahahah

Turtle wax!? Really? You are stuck in the past bro!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360