Blower Motor Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHTanker

Reaction score
2015 Limited EL
Dual zone Auto climate

I can not figure out what is going on with the blower motor. If it is on High (or almost High) it will blow for a few seconds and quit, after a few min it will blow for a few seconds and quit. If I lower the fan setting, when it comes back on it stays on. There are no issues with low/med settings.

New resistor + connector, new blower motor, relay under the hood is good, fuses are good.

Any ideas?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 Limited EL
Dual zone Auto climate

I can not figure out what is going on with the blower motor. If it is on High (or almost High) it will blow for a few seconds and quit, after a few min it will blow for a few seconds and quit. If I lower the fan setting, when it comes back on it stays on. There are no issues with low/med settings.

New resistor + connector, new blower motor, relay under the hood is good, fuses are good.

Any ideas?

Front or rear HVAC blower motor?

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new. At one point, the dealer’s service department told me there was an update / reprogram for the HVAC system - which was done under warranty. At the time, I was not having HVAC problems, but a loud, roaring noise from the radiator fans.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@99white

This update fix the extremely loud radiator fan? Mine does this when ac fan is set above half way or so. I was told normal operation?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PHTanker

Reaction score
Front or rear HVAC blower motor?

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new. At one point, the dealer’s service department told me there was an update / reprogram for the HVAC system - which was done under warranty. At the time, I was not having HVAC problems, but a loud, roaring noise from the radiator fans.

Front, rear works fine.. Radiator fan/ac compressor has been super loud now that its 105+ outside

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@99white

This update fix the extremely loud radiator fan? Mine does this when ac fan is set above half way or so. I was told normal operation?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The update did not fix the loud radiator fan.

I was told the update was for the HVAC - apparently the dealer checked for any updates while I was there for service. They did not ask if I wanted the update, they simply performed it and then told me later.

After the HVAC update - there is a noticeable whistle or air leak noise if the HVAC system (a/c) is run on a higher front blower fan setting and outside air. If I switch to the recirculate mode, the noise goes away.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015 Limited EL
Dual zone Auto climate

Any ideas?

My 2007 Eddie Bauer is having the EXACT same symptoms you have before I messed with it. I replaced the blower control module/ relay and the connector and then got nothing but an occasional surging fan. I swapped the module again to no success. I tapped on the fan motor and it turns back on so I ordered a new Motorcraft blower