Cargo net attachment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidilan

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Having trouble figuring out how the stock vertical cargo net hooks on at the top. The bottom clips on to the two chrome rings, but the top doesn't seem to match up with the fold-out clips, which actually are not clips but rather support the fold-out cargo cover that converts to a shelf.
The Ford video does not address this.
Anyone else have the same question?
Thanks!

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought that was weird too.....but, after closer inspection I noticed the "fold down clips" at the top have a small indention to hang on to the netting when you clip 'em on. And you're right, nothing stating that anywhere.....

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have also never figured it out. Seems like a great idea I theory but poorly executed.

I will award One Gold Internet Star to whoever can explain how the thing works.

Caviar65

Reaction score
The trick is to hook the top/loop attach point of the cargo net to just one “prong” of the fold-out clip. It will stay put just fine that way, but not if you try and put the loop over both prongs. That’ll just slip off, if you can even get it over both of ‘em. I fiddled with it for 20 mins cussing and scratching my head and then the dear wife moseyed over and in 5 sec just hooked each side onto one prong and walked away with a smirk. Damn I hate that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
davidilan

davidilan

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Very hokey and "unfinished." Ford should do better.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The trick is to hook the top/loop attach point of the cargo net to just one “prong” of the fold-out clip. It will stay put just fine that way, but not if you try and put the loop over both prongs. That’ll just slip off, if you can even get it over both of ‘em. I fiddled with it for 20 mins cussing and scratching my head and then the dear wife moseyed over and in 5 sec just hooked each side onto one prong and walked away with a smirk. Damn I hate that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a dollar for every time my wife does something like that...well, I’d have a Navi instead of an Expi.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the optional cargo shelf. This is where the second level shelf attaches, that may be why it is difficult for the net as the hooks are for more than one purpose.

firstford

Reaction score
It is a terrible design, even if you put it on one prong it still falls off.