Electric fan conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkbruin

Reaction score
I know 2010+ expeditions and F150 came OEM with dual electric fans, my '08 is the old mechanical fan setup. The clutch is going out, and I am about to replace the serpentine, tensioner, and all pulleys.... while I'm in there I want to do an electric fan conversion.

I can use a cheapo controller with the radiator probe, but I want to do the conversion the right way.

The next way would be to use the Volvo fan relay and BMW temp switch. Tried and true, but I want to keep things simple if possible.

So... is it possible to do an efan swap using OEM wires and the OEM harness? Does anyone know what specific changes there were from 07-09 vs 2010 as it relates to the wiring or fan control?

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know 2010+ expeditions and F150 came OEM with dual electric fans, my '08 is the old mechanical fan setup. The clutch is going out, and I am about to replace the serpentine, tensioner, and all pulleys.... while I'm in there I want to do an electric fan conversion.

I can use a cheapo controller with the radiator probe, but I want to do the conversion the right way.

The next way would be to use the Volvo fan relay and BMW temp switch. Tried and true, but I want to keep things simple if possible.

So... is it possible to do an efan swap using OEM wires and the OEM harness? Does anyone know what specific changes there were from 07-09 vs 2010 as it relates to the wiring or fan control?
Did you ever do this? I'd like to put an electric puller fan in mine but can't find any info either.

wk99

Reaction score
Youtube it my friend. I'd imagine that you might be able to get the parts you need from the junkyard for cheap too. I have a 2012 and yes they have e-fans. I'd imagine they run off of some sensor that ties to the thermostat. Not much help but I bet someone has done it on youtube. Best of luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire