Front seat belts unlatch on their own - 2002 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They just randomly unlatch. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions on fixing this? Any ideas where I can get replacements, other than the dealership which I imagine would be expensive. Thanks in advance!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Any way to take this thing apart and see what's going on? Certainly a junk yard would be the place to get a replacement, though I'd be afraid that any replacement with age and miles would do the same thing.

OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any way to take this thing apart and see what's going on? Certainly a junk yard would be the place to get a replacement, though I'd be afraid that any replacement with age and miles would do the same thing.

I was wondering the same thing and have the same concerns about a junk yard replacement. You haven't had this issue with your 00 Expy?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Critical safety component.

Check with the dealer - often the latch assemble (not the entire belt) is sold separately.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 has never popped off once in over 4 years. Sounds like you got a bad one. I wouldn't think a used one off eBay or wreckers would be a problem. It's one of those items that I'm not aware of any testing procedure. You just will have to try another one.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 has never popped off once in over 4 years. Sounds like you got a bad one. I wouldn't think a used one off eBay or wreckers would be a problem. It's one of those items that I'm not aware of any testing procedure. You just will have to try another one.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

2 bad ones unfortunately, both front buckles do that :(