Fuel pump issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRichbourg

Reaction score
I posted earlier about the ABS pump. Had some problems today and the first guy suspected that the ABS pump had gone out.
Apparently, not the problem.

A couple of times today, I SWORE that I saw the gas needle moving while I was at a red light. I also thought that I'd used ALOT of gas today...which seemed a little strange. 14mpg is one thing but geesh! Afraid that I had a fuel leak, I stopped by local shop again. This time, got the owner (not a young guy with little experience either!) and he checked....no fuel leak. Then, he realized that the rattling we were hearing was coming from underneath the truck. Crawled under it and is certain that it's the fuel pump that has backed out and is rattling around in the resivour of the gas tank. He said that he's DEFINITELY stand on Ford for that one.....since that just shouldn't happen.

Called Ford dealership just before they closed. Got a guy there who said that said that it sounded like the guage had fallen off. :confused: and that it was rattling around inside there.

Either way....should I hold Ford liable for this???? It's not under warranty anymore as it's a 2003 with almost 90k miles on it.

I just want to be prepared with some insight from others here before I take it in tomorrow morning. I don't want to be taken advantage of because I'm a "chick". Thanks yall!

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless the thing catches on fire I think your requests and complaints will fall on deaf ears. I will be interested to see what exactly broke... send some pictures. I might be interested in buying your old junk parts as I am exploring to see if a mustang 190LPH pump will fit in the expediition fuel pump module. Contact me Via PM if you are interested in parting with your old parts.....
Matt

OP
OP
K

KRichbourg

Reaction score
I'll be sure to let you know what they find and I ALWAYS ask for the "bad" parts!! Thanks for the heads up!