Goodbye old friend...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally decided to retire my 2010 Limited at 218K miles. I thought I was going to hang onto her a bit longer, but had 3 issues happen in the last 3 weeks so I decided it was time. Brake caliper hanging up, tailpipe fell off, and radiator hose blew. I know those are small issues but since I do all the work myself, it gets annoying. I've been religious with maintenance and the engine and drivetrain were still strong. It will make someone a great vehicle, but with the miles I drive I need something more reliable. I traded it in for a 2017 F150 King Ranch, 50K miles. Kids are grown and out of the house so I don't need all those seats anymore. This was probably my last Expedition, and I will miss her. What a great vehicle!

Traded in Expy.jpg

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2008 with 180K miles, apart from tyres, front disk replacement and one radiator hose leak, really not had any issues, hope to keep her for another 5 years (250K miles) and then retire her for a new Expy (will probably be my last ever new car as I will be 65!).
They are great cars..
Gary

AK_in_OR

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing JollyRoger!
In that pic, she looks to be in great shape! But, I feel the same about annoying little problems.
I think you'll like your new ride. Best of luck to you...

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Chevy Silverado like that. No where near the miles but a few days/weeks after fixing one thing, something else pops up.

Example - 3 weeks ago a brake shoe retaining spring broke on the left rear. Bought a brake hardware kit and brakes shoes and fixed it.

Drove it out of state, came home, parked it by the house. Six days later I was going to drive it and it was dead as a door nail. Won't go through all the mess but the high speed fan relay had failed and the fan ran the battery dead even with the ignition off. Ordered a new one and installed it (3rd time I've replaced the high speed relay and resister pack for the lower speeds in 12 years). Then two days later the turn signal starts blinking at warp speed which tells me (I hope it's that simple) I've got a light burned out somewhere.

Drive it, work on it. Yes sir, that's my Silverado.

I sure hope the Expedition never gets like that. I can't stand having two of them that need so much attention.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65