Greetings from Daisy Mae, our 2020 Expedition Platinum MAX.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daisy Mae

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi as we just traded in our 2022 Bronco for a 2020 Expedition. So far I'm loving the extra space as we have 3 kids (5yo, 2yo, 1yo). My wife's 2019 platinum explorer wasn't cutting it. Works for around town and Disney trips, but we are a river/desert family. Had a lightning on order but wasn't liking the new reports coming out so we let that go and picked up this Expedition.

I can never leave anything stock and I come from an off-road background (also own a 94 Bronco Prerunner) my original plan was to do raptor front suspension and coilovers in the rear, but this thing is too nice for that. Current plan is to keep the CCD and throw on a ready lift kit and stuff some 37's on 17's. Ready lift says it clears 35's so I'm confident I can make the clearance with some inner fender work. Would love some Baja Forged fender flares, but no word from them on availability or MAX options.

So far I've installed a built right industries acc mount, hardwired in a USB for my wireless phone charger mount, weather tech 2/3 row floor liner, and ceramic tinted my windows.

Next up is a Raptor Steering Wheel, Dometic Center Console Fridge, and C-Pillar Blackout and Chrome Delete.

From there I need to decide on lighting. Im leaning towards downgrading the LED foglight to the halogen housing, that frees me up to install the Diode Dynamics Amber LED bulb, then get a Baja Designs S8 bar in white to mount behind the grill above the intercooler vent. If I keep the OEM LED foglight, then Id get 3 individual S8 bars in white and amber to fit in that same area. I'll fabricate a custom roof rack to house Baja Designs XL80's up front, some s2 ambers out back and some scene lights around the sides.

I want to keep it clean and sophisticated like she currently sits, but with the off-road functionality I need.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds really cool! I really hope Ford makes an extended length Timberline soon so even you can overland even with people who don't want to modify their vehicles! I'm pretty sure you already know this, but if it is a Platinum with BlueCruise, lifting it is not something you want to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire