Homemade Brake System Power-bleeder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, I was tired of having to have 2 people to bleed the brake system, and I didn't want to pay $80 for a power-pump system, or use a hand pump system at each wheel. So I decided to make this and see if it worked. Voila!

What is needed:
Air Compressor...if you already have one.
Air-hose nipple sized to your particular hose
2 O-rings sized to fit over the threads of the nipple.
1 Female to Female adapter for the Air hose nipple
1 OEM Brake fluid resevoir cap
Large rubber gasket...I used a plumbing gasket and cut to fit.

Drill a hole in the cap so you can thread the nipple in. Place an O-ring on the nipple and thread it through the cap. Once threaded through, place the other O-ring on the threads, and install the F/F adapter onto the threads. Tighten firm enough to get a good seal, but not overly tight as to crush the O-ring. Cut the rubber gasket to the size of the cap where it will seal on the resevoir (this just gives the cap a little better seal to the resevoir so when the system is pressurized, less air leaks out).

Drain your resevoir of the old fluid, and refill with fresh brake fluid. Install fabricated cap and hook up your compressor hose and dial it to around 15-20 psi. Some air will still leak out, but once the bleeder screw is cracked at the caliper, it will find the path of least resistance and push the fluid through. Do one wheel at a time in the correct sequence (RR, LR, RF, LF), refilling the resevoir after each wheel to ensure fluid does not run out in the resevoir. Done in a fraction of the time as the 2-person/brake pedal depress method.

Here are pics of my cap.

DSCN1444.jpg
DSCN1445.jpg

Last edited:

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was wondering where you got the cap as i was thinking of making this for myself.

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's an OEM cap. You can either go to a junk-yard, or go to a dealer. The dealer wanted $28 for mine, but I went to a Ford Parts dealer online and got it for $19.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69