I caused a p0012 and p0022 code errors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott2023

Reaction score
So... I decided to replace the lifters on my 2010 Ford Expedition myself. I used a timing belt lock wedge tool to make it so the timing belt wouldn't move, unbolted the camshaft and lifted it off (while still connected to the cam phaser), and pulled off the rocker arms, then removed and replaced the lifters. I bolted the camshaft back down, careful that it went back the same way it came out (it stayed at it's same rotation), and checked that my mark on the camshaft phaser and timing chain didn't move, bolted the camshaft back on. The engine starts and runs great cold, but loses power when it warms up. The error codes that are showing up are p0012 and p0022. I know I must have got the camshaft and/or timing chains out of sync. What's the best way (is there a way) to reset everything, or check to see if they are out of sync?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire