I think I can buff it out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy_270

Reaction score
My wife smoked a deer 3 miles from home this morning. She is ok, a little sore. It's a good thing I wasn't working today and was able to go bring her our car so she could get to work. IMG_2297.jpg IMG_2298.jpg

Last edited:

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, you can buff that right out... [emoji23] anything structural or just cosmetic/parts?

OP
OP
Randy_270

Randy_270

Reaction score
The actual crash bar is untouched. Purely cosmetic and some mechanical. It pushed in the rad and broke the one elbow and dumped all the coolant.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad everyone is okay (minus the deer of course). My mother in law did this twice in her f150, once jack knifing her boat... No fun.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hit one of those sh*ts in August. Ended up being $14K in damages. A good chunk of that for me though was the active shutters and the grill. Those two parts alone were > $5K of the cost. Mine is a platinum so you may find it ends up being in the $10K range if you don’t have the same.

26F637F3-2C79-4E73-AC5C-6E4A8D67F802.jpeg

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that, but most important your wife is ok.

Good luck with the repairs and keep us up to date.

OP
OP
Randy_270

Randy_270

Reaction score
I’m really glad my wife was driving the Expedition and not her car, otherwise she would have written off the car and possibly be seriously injured. She still has whiplash but that’s much better than being hospitalized from having the deer land inside the car. The deer was a large buck, probably one of the biggest ones we’ve seen.

Yeah my wife and I both don’t like to see animals suffering either. It just seems cruel to leave it.

As for the Expedition, it’s a limited so no active grill shutters, but everything on the front end will have to be replaced other than the hood, drivers side fog light and the drivers side fender. Even the driver side headlight is broken. And for the mechanical damage, the rad, some of the hoses and elbows, the intercooler, possibly the cooling fans, and the air intake tube are what I can see damaged.