Im trying to lift my expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameron2544

Reaction score
I have a 2005 expedition. Ive been told the front end is identical to the f150s from the same year. I am trying to run a 4.5 inch rough country lift for the f150s but im not completely sure if it will fit. I was wondering if anyone else had already done this. I just need the front end to work I understand the f150 has a leaf spring system but i already have the rear end figured out. Thanks

Reaction score
I have an 06 and was told there were no longer any lifts made for us except the 3in so thats what I went with I will be watching your replies as I too am interested

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 3.5/2.5 on mine. Back when I was researching options it seemed 3.5 was the biggest I could find without going with the 8" Rise kit. I've been happy with what I have... gained the ground clearance improvement I was after and I like the look.

IMG_8653.JPG

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do not use anything over 3”. Even at that. The axle bind is too much unless you drop down the front diff. Or get newer axles that can flex more. This is what I used on lifting my expo. And it sits perfectly now. Even better now with the new struts all around.

6D0DDFF1-5184-44A0-920A-C6AEE778B34D.png

DF2E5C28-1CC1-43DA-9CFA-0C4225BD683C.png

medrano

Reaction score
How are your front upper arms. I’ve been running a similar lift and my front suspension is shot. My upper arms are maxed out. Drooped all the way down putting so much tension on my ball joints. Haven’t found anyone speaking of this.

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@mbtech2003 is right. You're not going to get more than 3in out of the front. At least not without replacing upper and lower control arms, brake/abs lines, and maybe the cv axle if you lift it enough. I put Rancho quick lift struts on mine which gives 0.75 in over stock height, and I put a supreme suspension 2" lift kit on top of that. My front end is still slightly lower, and I could probably get another quarter inch out of it, but my upper control arm already rests on the coil when the wheel is off the ground. And the cv is at a pretty gnarly angle, if you put any significant torque on it like that you'd snap it for sure. Best bet for a big lift would be a solid axle swap. I'm interested to see what you have planned for lifting the rear.

20210416-184218.jpg

20210416-184212.jpg

Last edited: