Lane24's Ex on 35's!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Body lift here I come! The steps hide that really well. Thank you Sir!

How did they or you get around the front tow hooks? Did you have to do some triming around them?

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my kit came today after they delivered it to the wrong house, woo hoo, cant wait to get it in to the shop, bad thing is its not happening this weekend, i got called in to work out of town, the front plastic needs to be cut or removed to install 3 inch, only if you have the hooks and intend to keep them, cant wait to see mine gone, infact cant wait to cut up that front bumper all together, and get the tubes on there,

and blackwater,,, the answer to what about the wife?????? dont worry she will get tired of climbing into it and you can take your girl freinds around then, especially if you remove the steps like i have, lmao

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant say much of body lift on expys.... I CHEATED I BOUGHT IT LIFTED.... lol but with 72,000 miles and brand new 37s lifted and from texas so no rust for 6,700 bucks why not.... but I've helped install BL on more trucks than I care to remember and they arn't too bad just follow steps and hope bolts arent rusted but then again cutting bolts doesn't matter because all new 3" longer bolts...

also if i read correctly about hooks I'm assuming tow hooks my truck nothings cut and they are still their and if you want steps go with tube steps they look better and are a lot easier for shorter people to use...lol

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackwater- as for body lifts as long as you get a real kit not a home made body lift they come with everything.... the best one I've used as well as friends is Street Performance they are great.... everything is adjusted for the 3" lift bumpers get brackets but you cant tow with bumper anymore.... and for hiding the frame best best is side steps I went with tube steps bought them off ebay for dirty cheap and they hide everything considering I have 11" of lift so frame is a lot higher....

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
walnuts that mean i can count on you to help me lift mine, lol. im still out of town, cant wait to get home and tackle the body lift, also i seen that rancho is concidering building a 6 inch lift for the expys now, waiting on that if they do i may get one

97ExpGuy

Reaction score
Lane,

I'm curious on the body lift: did you have to extend the steering linkage or anything like that? I thought with body lifts there's more work to be done than just adding the spacers between the body and frame.

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lane,

I'm curious on the body lift: did you have to extend the steering linkage or anything like that? I thought with body lifts there's more work to be done than just adding the spacers between the body and frame.

Dgray69 from the post above yours is doing his body lift right now, and posting pics and stuff while he's doing it. Check here http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=4985

Sounds like a lot of work. I wussed out and I decided to have a shop do mine. I work too much, have zero patience, and a bad back so I didn't want to tackle the body lift!!! Glad I didn't from the sounds of things. But everything should be in your kit. Bumper brackets, steering extension, spacers etc.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the body lift a spacer comes that you simply disconnect steering shaft while someone holds steering wheel so it doesnt turn and simply bolt in the spacer... In my opinion Performance Accessories Body lift is very simple and it comes with all required spacer, brackets and good directions.... only problem with body lifts are removing old bolts especially if they are RUSTED.... sorry Dgray69 I had too.... lol

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a 2 inch funnel style adapter that goes in on the columb, under the dash, before disconecting this you must pull your air bag fuze or wammy your air bags go off, before concidering the body lift crawl under truck and check each of the 10 mounting locations, lift should take about 6 hrs, one problem could set you back days, and do read my thread, i tried to keep with the details no prob nuts, we couldnt all buy monster expys already lifted

Last edited: