Lease Extension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't realize such a thing existed. My end-of-lease paperwork that arrived (3 months prior to lease-end) states that my only options are to buy out the vehicle (at a non-negotiable price outlined in the lease agreement), or return the lease.

Today I spoke with Ford Finance, and was told that after I make my last lease payment, I can call back and speak to them about extending the lease. Keep the same monthly payment and mileage allotment, and return the vehicle at any point.

This looks like an attractive option for me, as I'm awaiting the 2022 model which should be available around Feb/Mar of 2022.

So, just thought I'd share that such a thing exists as Lease Extensions. Good to know.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never leased, but it seems like the only caveat would be making sure you're satisfied with the new buy-out/buyback price. That price WAS negotiable at the time of lease, it's just not negotiable after you've signed. It will be updated as part of the extension/renegotiation.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't realize such a thing existed. My end-of-lease paperwork that arrived (3 months prior to lease-end) states that my only options are to buy out the vehicle (at a non-negotiable price outlined in the lease agreement), or return the lease.

Today I spoke with Ford Finance, and was told that after I make my last lease payment, I can call back and speak to them about extending the lease. Keep the same monthly payment and mileage allotment, and return the vehicle at any point.

This looks like an attractive option for me, as I'm awaiting the 2022 model which should be available around Feb/Mar of 2022.

So, just thought I'd share that such a thing exists as Lease Extensions. Good to know.
It happens Leases are just a numbers game at corporate used to balance the books nothing more. Lease offers change all the time driven by math way more complex than Trumps Taxs

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never leased, but it seems like the only caveat would be making sure you're satisfied with the new buy-out/buyback price. That price WAS negotiable at the time of lease, it's just not negotiable after you've signed. It will be updated as part of the extension/renegotiation.

Good to know. The vehicle was one of the first off the 2018 assembly line. I had to order it specifically and pt a deposit down.

I've also learned the vehicle price needs to be negotiated when you put the deposit down, NOT upon delivery. Good to know that lease-end buyout price is also negotiable.

I plan to order a 2022 Expy when they open the order books sometime in September. Still curious what trims/options will be available. Really looking forward to the 430hp hybrid engine.

Chio4

Reaction score
normally the longest you can go out is 6 months