Loaner for Service/Warranty Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok bought my Expedition Max Platinum out of state. Now need the seat recall done and some warranty work,,,, power lead to rear window defrost broke of solder weld, not the best time in our -15 deg temps

Local dealer say no loaners. Paid less for wife foreign car, loaner not an issue. Office to dealership is 8.7 Miles @ 20 minutes on google. Dealer also states that is too far for a shuttle.

they are more than happy to set me up with Enterprise,,,, for their kickback.

Thanks Ford, came from 25+ Years in Suburban/Denali.

I am sure the Gator Owners get a loaner

anybody get loaners for their Expy's?

MostlyHarmless

Reaction score
Mine is going in for some warranty work next week and the dealer has promised me a loaner. Interested to see what I get.

To be fair this is my first experience with the dealer and they put Expy owners with the Lincoln Service desk, so impressed so far with their response

Mark

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get a loaner from my dealer. Last time I got a 2018 FX4 F150 SCrew. Put almost 500 miles on it...haha! The time before that I got a Platinum Explorer for a week.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe a loaner is included with the ESP plan if the vehicle has to be in overnight. A first day loaner option can be added as well as a higher end rental car.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok bought my Expedition Max Platinum out of state. Now need the seat recall done and some warranty work,,,, power lead to rear window defrost broke of solder weld, not the best time in our -15 deg temps

Local dealer say no loaners. Paid less for wife foreign car, loaner not an issue. Office to dealership is 8.7 Miles @ 20 minutes on google. Dealer also states that is too far for a shuttle.

they are more than happy to set me up with Enterprise,,,, for their kickback.

Thanks Ford, came from 25+ Years in Suburban/Denali.

I am sure the Gator Owners get a loaner

anybody get loaners for their Expy's?

Your dealership is fantastically bad at business.

Loaners are extended demos that sell vehicles, and your Max Platinum confirms you DO spend on cars, with a budget sufficient for anything on his lot

Sane dealership would size you up and decide whether you look like you're catching the truck bug (and give you a loaded F150) or due for a midlife crisis (Mustang)

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I also usually get a loaner from my dealer. Sometimes I request something specific if there is something I’d like to drive, and other times I just drive whatever is convenient for them. I’ve had several F150’s, an F250 Lariat (led to a F250 Platinum sale) and a Platinum Expedition (led to my wife’s current vehicle) since switching to Ford. I did do the the Enterprise route one time when my sales guys weren’t around, and that worked out fine as well. It didn’t cost me anything, and it was only for the day. When I had GMC vehicles up to ‘16, that dealer provided nice loaners as well. I do usually trade both mine and my wife’s vehicles every year or two, and would consider myself pretty loyal, but both dealers treated me the same after 1 as they have after many.

DD777

Reaction score
We have a loaner whenever needed for the first 2-3 yrs as part of our deal.

OP
OP
P

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input. To quantify further,I am in the suburbs of Detroit, so the store in question is quite large given all the Ford employees in the region. I happen not to be one of them. Will call them again and see how flexible they are. I also have CPO BMW 535 Diesel, paid perhaps half of what the Expy cost, loaners are low mileage new cars no issues. Takes away most the aggravation of warranty/service work

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input. To quantify further,I am in the suburbs of Detroit, so the store in question is quite large given all the Ford employees in the region. I happen not to be one of them. Will call them again and see how flexible they are. I also have CPO BMW 535 Diesel, paid perhaps half of what the Expy cost, loaners are low mileage new cars no issues. Takes away most the aggravation of warranty/service work

Ah the 35d....fun lil bugger when you actually find good high-cetane diesel (or dope the **** out of it with Howe's or LiquiMoly.

And if it it's not currently on expired tags and throwing pages of codes at you in an inspection/smog state...

Definite love-hate relationship there.