Massage seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi forum. New to forum and new Expy owner.
My passenger seat lumbar controls don’t work most of the time, and then just when I’m ready to take it in to the dealership it starts working again.
Anyone else experience this?

Thanks. It’s an ‘18 Platinum

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2019 Platinum was "timing out" the passenger seat massage. It would shut itself off after awhile, between 3-10 minutes, while the driver's seat would run as long as I want.
Dealership "reprogrammed" the software per a service bulletin and said the next step is replacing some hardware components (wiring harness or a module, I can't recall)
So far, the software has fixed the gremlin, but it's only been two weeks.

OP
OP
NukeLife

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When mine stops working you literally have no control over the lumbar cushions. Pressing the circular button does nothing. Trying to adjust via the nav screen also does not work.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be making an appointment with the dealership

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2019 Platinum was "timing out" the passenger seat massage. It would shut itself off after awhile, between 3-10 minutes, while the driver's seat would run as long as I want.
Dealership "reprogrammed" the software per a service bulletin and said the next step is replacing some hardware components (wiring harness or a module, I can't recall)
So far, the software has fixed the gremlin, but it's only been two weeks.

Both of mine time out after 15 or 20 minutes.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. Sometimes the buttons on the side of the seat work, sometimes they don’t. It’s always been that way and two different dealers have no idea. There’s another thread on the topic somewhere on here.

OP
OP
NukeLife

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So Aggie, you are still having this issue? Dealer just shrugs their shoulders? WTH? :confused:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So Aggie, you are still having this issue? Dealer just shrugs their shoulders? WTH? :confused:

Yep. About one time out of five the buttons on the side of the seat don’t work. In those cases I just activate the massage from the center stack and the buttons work the next time. I’ve asked two different dealers and they either can’t replicate the issue or have no idea how to even begin addressing it.

On the list of things I need to worry about in my life, whether or not the shortcut button to start the massaging seat in my car works doesn’t quite crack the top 50.

OP
OP
NukeLife

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. I hear ya. To be sure a minor annoyance.

Sounds like mine may be a little worse. 4 out of 5 times I try, the controls don’t work on the seat OR on center screen. And it’s not just massage, all lumbar controls are dead. But only the passenger seat.
For this price, I’m going to need the dealership to work this out.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. I hear ya. To be sure a minor annoyance.

Sounds like mine may be a little worse. 4 out of 5 times I try, the controls don’t work on the seat OR on center screen. And it’s not just massage, all lumbar controls are dead. But only the passenger seat.
For this price, I’m going to need the dealership to work this out.

Ah, yes, your situation is a horse of a different color and definitely something that would get me to the dealer for warranty work. Good luck!