My new 2018 Expedition AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ennui

Reaction score
Got the new 2018 Expedition XLT three weeks ago. Love it!

Today I tried to turn on the AC , but found that it didn't blow cooled air.

When I rotated the dial for a temperature adjustment, the feeling of air temperature does change a little. However it is not a feeling of A/C cool. When I dial it heating, it works perfectly.

I do not recall if I ever used AC since I had the car, because it has been chilly in last couple of weeks

I also noticed the LCD screen has an icon with a red cross line on it. It is at the up-right corner, next to the wifi icon. Interestingly, I could not find what it means in the manual or on google .

Any expert has any an idea on it? I hope it is only a setting thing that I missed.
thanks!

Capture.JPG

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When was your Expedition built? There was an issue with vehicles produces in early 2018.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am 95% sure that icon is displayed because you did not set up 9-1-1 assist. I think.

As far as the AC goes, I know that refrigerant issue is a major one, but I am fairly certain a couple folks on here had a problem similar to yours that was caused by something less drastic. I’ll do some searching and update here if I can find what I’m thinking of.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am 95% sure that icon is displayed because you did not set up 9-1-1 assist. I think.

As far as the AC goes, I know that refrigerant issue is a major one, but I am fairly certain a couple folks on here had a problem similar to yours that was caused by something less drastic. I’ll do some searching and update here if I can find what I’m thinking of.

Update - this is what I was thinking of:

A/C not working - intermittant
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ot-working---intermittant.36329/&share_type=t

But it doesn’t look like there was a solution. Sorry for the rabbit trail.

OP
OP
E

ennui

Reaction score
the car was built in Jan 2018.

thanks for the info

Read the links above. I am going to stop by the dealer this morning.

it seems to be a common issue. Will update after visiting dealer

Dormammu

Reaction score
Update - this is what I was thinking of:

A/C not working - intermittant
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=20862&share_tid=36329&url=https://www.expeditionforum.com/index.php?threads/A-C-not-working---intermittant.36329/&share_type=t

But it doesn’t look like there was a solution. Sorry for the rabbit trail.

This was a thread I started.

We never got the problem resolved. Found out the vehicle was built in January of 2018 and needed the entire AC system evacuated and replaced for contaminated coolant.

Between that and several other problems, we decided to dump the Expedition. We traded it last month.

I don't miss it.

Sounds like the OP has the same issue because of his/her reported build date of January of 2018 and needs the AC system replaced. Search for the thread on contaminated coolant for more details!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sry to see you go, wat did u replace it with.