Need A Engine!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skunky26

Reaction score
Hey hows it going guys I have a question. I have a 99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with a 5.4L 4x4 and my engine has 181,000 miles its knocking bad & leaking Oil & antifreeze it has a really bad smell when you drive it . I have to replace my engine I went to the Ford Dealer they want $3,400 for the engine & another $1,400 to install it. Right now things are tight for me so i can't cough up that kind of money. Is there a sight or any places you guys might know where i can find a use engine with low miles for pretty cheap I'm looking to spend $2000 to $3,500. Please if anyone has any helpful information i would be very greatful & very very thankful. I love my Expedition & have way to much money in it to let it go. Thanks guys for your time in replying back to me with some help.

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you need to try a wrecking yard ,your budget should be plenty and if your lucky you might find one totaled with low miles . most of our wrecking yards around here offer installation alot cheaper than dealer. this is a good post ,something we all half to look forward to in the future. i also have way to much $ invested to lose it because of motor. only at 62,000 right now .

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dag burn it! It has a rod knock. Didn't see that. Damn Ford!

Sorry.