Need help with TT ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for your reply to my posts it's greatly appreciated. Im still new to my expedition and loving it. Over the past weekend I just did the 4 wheel strutmaster air conversion kit and installed new moog upper/lower balljoints and tie rods, wheel bearings and replaced the factory rear shocks with the monroe sensatrac load adjusting coil over shocks. She is aligned and rides like a champ. My only concern is that with my new shocks and springs the back end is way in the air, ( which I like), but the front still sits a little low. Would the torsion twist help me to gain height in the front and if so how would I go about doing it? Or is there any other options to raise the front end up?

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
The torsion twist is quite easy: lay under the b pillar and you will see the round bar coming from the front. follow it back and youll see an arm with a bolt. on the passenger side and another bolt across from it coming down on the drivers side. if you loosen the bolt the front of your truck comes down if you tighten it, it goes up. I sprayed some WD-40 on the bolt about 10 minutes before I attempted the twist. Use a 18mm socket and breaker bar.

I got almost 2 inches when I did mine on my 98 Eddie Bauer.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes doing the TT will get your front end up, but will also stress front end parts more and stiffen ride too. But if you dont care measure first both sides, then tighten bolts then measure both sides again.... then after your done drive around hitting some bumps then remeasure to make sure even.... they also make new keys to install in torsion bars that also lift truck.... just an idea thats what I did