New Member 2020 ford Expd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnnieG

Reaction score
Hello All, I have a new Platinum 2020 Expd purchased new in Dec 2020. Purchased this auto for long haul trips 700 miles at a time, On the highway, my collision assist goes out and cancels out cruise control. Took back to dealer and they changed the main sensor module. Said it was fixed and first they had seen on a platinum model, said this was common on lower models because of the main sensor module. This was at 400 miles new. On this trip at 4200 miles it happened again and had to turn off collision assist to use regular cruise control. Service is always slow, as an electrical person is needed. Has anyone else had collision assist problems? It is getting to be a pain to not use this feature I probably paid dearly for.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. At $10K miles, I have not had that, nor any other issues. Others may have more experience.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
Welcome. I determined a quickly that adaptive cruise and collision assist were made for each other in this vehicle, so I pretty much always have them together. I have a trip to from DC to Detroit starting tomorrow and will do some experimenting to see if I can replicate.

BTW ... if you have lane assist and do any amount of highway driving, be prepared to replace front tires often and or rotate every 5000 miles. The vehicle tends to fight you when you want to disable and it causes excessive tire wear. o_O

sandyride

Reaction score
I have a 2021 XLT in the middle east and the sensor keeps going on and off randomly. Im at 7K KM'S! It works perfectly and then randomly gives a chime and warning stating the sensor is not available, when I use the car the next day it works :S. Since this is the middle east there is no ICE issue to be spoken of. Popped the panel and checked its a black plastic square fixed in place no sand / dust to speak of. So struggling with the same

Phillip White

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Annie!

I am sorry but I have yet to experience what you have mentioned and I have owned three so far. Forth one on its way and am hoping I don't!

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While my Expedition does not have adaptive cruise, my brother's Super Duty does and I frequently drive it. The systems use the "radar" sensor in the front end in conjunction with the cameras in the top center of the windshield. If either of these sensors becomes "fowled" with snow, ice, mud, bugs, heavy dirt, etc. the system shuts down. One time with a freshly washed truck, I hit a huge dragon fly that smeared both the top cameras (which can't be seen until you are outside looking at the windshield). That one "bug" dropped the system out. While I'm not sure if these are problems that you have experienced....I do know that any of these will cause the system to drop out. I've experienced all of them. Pulled over, wiped the sensors and the system resets and comes back on.

sandyride

Reaction score
had the dealershop take a look someone hit the car.. bracket mount and sensor have damage they say so they need to replace cost is a ridiculous ~$1,600