Newbie 2000 Expedition 5.4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msm618

Reaction score
Hi gang,

New Expedition owner, 2000 5.4 Bauer, 88K miles. Mechanic checked it over pre-buy, flying colors.

Questions: anyone have experience with " AEM BRUTE FORCE AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM, POLISHED, DRY FLOW FILTER "?? Dry filter alleviate "over oiling" K&N probs? Other brands you've seen power/mpg gain with? Chipsets? (Cost-effective?).

Any MPG advice right out of the box? Gas filter change, synthetic engine oil, syn diff fluids, etc?

Runs excellent, 13.88 mpg mixed driving 1st tank.

Have a lot to learn! Thanks.

Mike

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
miles per gallon is about what i am getting on mine and mine is a 2000 with the 5.4

i would say do a fuel filter and change the plugs do a sythatic oil change and both diffs and a trans flush and see if that helps any i mean you aint driving a fuel effective car so dont look for to many miles to the gallon

if you want to do a cold air intake just look around i mean i had a k&n in my truck and couldnt tell theat much of a differance and i would say use a dry oil filter personally