No drill license plate holder for 2020 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mangoman

Reaction score
Hi All - and thank you in advance for any feedback.

I've got a 2020 Limited that has recently relocated from a single plate state to a state that also requires both a rear and front plate. I'd like to avoid drilling holes in the vehicle and have come across several no-drill solutions out there, but curious if anyone here has had experience (good or bad) with any of these no-drill license plate holder alternatives?

Thanks again!

David

Lghtspeedz

Reaction score
My 20 Ltd came from NC. The dealer in NY that I bought it from (about 3 hours away) did not have a front plate at the time of delivery. After 45 days of waiting for them to mail it to me I took it to the dealer down the road from my work. They had one in stock. I think it cost $50 installed. I’m pretty sure they drilled holes in the bumper. I considered a no drill DIY option. But I like the way this one integrates with the lower bumper. It looks like it belongs and not like an after thought. Just my two cents. If I can remember to snap a photo tomorrow, I’ll post it.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
drill the holes , mount the plate and move on with your life. If you ever move back to a rear plate only state put some plastic plugs in the front holes and paint them to match.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel bad for those who live in states that require front license plates. That really sucks.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Really odd timing I just finished this project after procrastinating it for about 10 months. My used 19 came without the front plate. I too did not want to drill. Dealer sent me the plate bracket about 2 weeks after purchase.
I decided to mount some strong neodymium magnets slightly smaller than the diameter into the license plate bracket pockets and filled it with black epoxy and let it cure. Second part was the part I delayed doing for fear of breaking something but it wasn’t bad at all. Using some instructions for light bar installs I removed the front lower bumper skin grill and mounted matching magnets on the inside. 3 magnets and they hold the plate in the factory location.

I only put my plate on when I go downtown since parking meter maids enforce it (and I’ve received tickets on previous vehicles).

Sounds like overkill but I prefer the look of it without a plate and it’s undetected that it’s a temporary mount.

zeman

Reaction score
I have a 2020 XLT FX4, for anyone who has the tow hooks on the front I recently installed this mount: https://www.mishimoto.com/license-plate-relocation-ford-f-150.html

It's a bit pricey but is made of nice heavy duty powder coated metal and does not block the intercooler air flow. I mounted on the passenger side tow hook. Can be removed reinstalled in a minute or two with a 10mm wrench if you need the tow hook for any reason.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel bad for those who live in states that require front license plates. That really sucks.
Or like my state where only the city and county of denver have really ever enforced it. I have literally never had an issue with not having front plates (yes it is a state requirement) but the city and county of denver is so starving for revenue they take the easy infractions. And before they reduced the fine I wanna say it was like $125.