October 28th '18 Test n Tune MIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since the local track I'd intended to go back to, in order to lower the 13.55, rained out, and VA Motorsports Park has a huge event this weekend, fortunately it leaves me with the best of the three, holding Test n Tune Sunday!!!

It's $30 to find out how well your machine is running, or not. From the Richmond Va area it is only about an hour and a half, straight up I-95 exit # 104 Va Rt 207, ~7 miles to natural merge onto U.S. 301 North and about 5-6 quick light controlled intersections, then over the Potomac River (no toll Northbound, tolled Southbound). High speeding ticket probability from the bridge (the entire length is MD jurisdiction) until after creating the hill passed the Welcome center on the right. The second major intersection is U.S. 301 @ MD 234, make a right (East) travel 7.3 miles to entrance to MIR on right.

Link to event...
http://www.racemdir.com/schedule/calendar/2018/18-10/18-10-28.htm

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, 11am became 13:00.

Made a little mistake at the top end.
Suburu wrx STI passed right through staging lights, guess his first time.
Had to wait a wee bit for the official to back him up.

Screenshot_20181028-131525.png

View attachment 27410

IMG_20181028_131415866.jpg

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I gave up, diminishing returns on my time, left early. I had hoped to have had 4 passes by 2pm but that was an unattainable goal, to say the least, when my first pass wasn't until 1pm. As always, MDIR did a great job of getting the track ready, after having been rained on two straight days, and their overall organization of the day's events were also just as well managed.

I almost equalled my best time on the first pass, then I lost my focus on the second pass. Old man tired, got up early, drove up here to wait, then wait some more, probably should have sat this one out, but at least I sort of proved to myself the mid 13 time i posted a couple of weeks ago, wasn't a fluke.
Link to clips below, the one with just gauges is the 13.5, the one showing the track is the 13.8. So ashamed, I should have had the v6 non turbo mustang, but it happens!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nk7Ur8mvwU1jMQZq7