Official: Ford retuning EcoBoost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
WOW!!! With 460 lb-ft of torque and 4.10:1 gears that thing will be a towing/ hauling MONSTER!!! I wonder if the Ford/GM developed (for F150/Silverado & Sierra 1500's) 10 speed tranny will find its way in there too? You'll almost be able to move a mountain, over a mountain...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will pull my expedition with ease...I was thinking of getting a F250 in the future used just to tow the truck

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
L

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if the Ford/GM developed (for F150/Silverado & Sierra 1500's) 10 speed tranny will find its way in there too? You'll almost be able to move a mountain, over a mountain...

The 10-speed 10R80 manumatic may not arrive until the all-new fourth generation aluminium Expedition shows up for 2017 (2018 model year). It depends on if Ford wants to save that technology for the new aluminium Expedition.

Ford is doing the lead engineering on the 10-speed transmission, which is for rear-wheel drive applications (but will let GM use it later on). Ford’s rear-drive cars (Mustang), trucks (F-150, possibly F-250) and truck-based SUV (Expedition), will get the 10R80.

GM is doing the lead engineering for the 9-speed transmission, which is for front-wheel drive applications (but will let Ford use it later on). Front-drive cars, crossovers, and vans will get this gearbox.

That’s part of their agreement concerning their gearbox joint-venture.

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I did it I went and bought a 2012 F150 crewcab 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 pearl white.
its very quick off the line if you boost launch it. I can't shift it fast enough before red line. even I 4x2 it will not spin the tires with advance track/ control track stuff on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagez