Oh Deer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
++ on you being ok.
sure is a shock what an animal can do to a vehicle, damage that is.
hopefully you're expy will be back to pre-loss condition soon.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys...as you can tell, I was more upset with possibly leaving a wounded animal by the road than I am about the truck. Heck, I was driving along half asleep in the slow lane & it was "bump" and I saw the poor yearling bounce off the door.

I was hoping Andy, for a "dent-fix" but apparently there is some part of the lock mechanism that pushed outward as the door was dented it so there's a reverse dent in it as well. Maybe they can do it but I think the panel might need replacing. I'll find out this afternoon when I drop it off.

My sweetheart & I are headed to Nevada next week so I'll speak to them at the repair place about when they can be done so their loaner isn't setting in my driveway for a week for nothing.

jeff

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes Andy, that's what the guy told me they would do earlier this afternoon. I even admitted to possibly scratching my driver side wheel well trim but he pretended like it's part of the claim...cool when you can be honest and they still hook you up! Now I didn't elaborate and tell him that I probably sideswiped the canopy frame again (I told you guys I hit crap) but I did admit possible fault.....LOL.

We're leaving for Warrens side of the Rockies next week so I told the shop if they would be ready afterwards, I can drop the rental & pick up my truck when I come back on Sunday using my second key then square up and get my key on Monday after work. They were fine with that but we'll see where they are next Mon or Tues.

They brought me a Santa Fe to drive. Clean of course...and I admit that I'm biased but I don't care how much trim and tech you put into this thing....same miles as mine too. What a....it's a much "different" car, that has no power to get out of it's way COMPARED to our trucks, it rides like a rubber ..well, I think what I might be failing to appreciate is how many years I drove cars like this so I guess I feel a little humbled.

jeff

Highlander.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Andy, that's what the guy told me they would do earlier this afternoon. I even admitted to possibly scratching my driver side wheel well trim but he pretended like it's part of the claim...cool when you can be honest and they still hook you up! Now I didn't elaborate and tell him that I probably sideswiped the canopy frame again (I told you guys I hit crap) but I did admit possible fault.....LOL.

We're leaving for Warrens side of the Rockies next week so I told the shop if they would be ready afterwards, I can drop the rental & pick up my truck when I come back on Sunday using my second key then square up and get my key on Monday after work. They were fine with that but we'll see where they are next Mon or Tues.

They brought me a Santa Fe to drive. Clean of course...and I admit that I'm biased but I don't care how much trim and tech you put into this thing....same miles as mine too. What a....it's a much "different" car, that has no power to get out of it's way COMPARED to our trucks, it rides like a rubber ..well, I think what I might be failing to appreciate is how many years I drove cars like this so I guess I feel a little humbled.

jeff

View attachment 22102

Jeff I don’t drive cars often either except for occasionally a family members. The trucks def have more pull.

Last edited:

songshan311

Reaction score
Just curious, would this type of incident (animal involved) hurt your driving record, which can increase your next insurance bill?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, would this type of incident (animal involved) hurt your driving record, which can increase your next insurance bill?

No. This is covered under the Comprehensive coverage. There was no "violation" of law.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I was so close to hit a deer last year, luckily, it turned around and back to the wood.

So it could grow a little bigger and come out this year and run into your truck! Be vigilant! I don't trust them!

The insurance adjuster told me that he had 12 deer strikes in the month of Oct...that's a dozen for just him and he told me that he's one of 16 adjusters in his office!

That's a lot of venison if you extrapolate the numbers.....

It's been four days and I miss my truck. Over the weekend, I avoided going out since I didn't want to drive that POS. I finally went grocery shopping Sunday evening but I just don't like driving it. Yesterday, as soon as I hopped in to go home from work, Enterprise car rental called to be sure that everything was okay. I told the poor girl that "this car is a piece of crap"...she was clearly taken aback so I quickly apologized and explained that I went from a very nice, loaded full size SUV to a stripped down, tiny imitation of a suv and while it certainly wasn't her fault, I asked for her to please excuse my shortness. Of course I was screaming all this over the speaker on my phone since I hadn't yet taken the time to pair my phone to the car....I missed 4 other calls on the way home. I paired it when I got home....but I still miss my truck, badly!

jeff

Last edited: