Oh Deer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElliottM

Reaction score
Be glad it wasn't a Moose.
Sorry to hear about the deer strike. As Polarizer said, be glad it wasn't a moose, or, as in my case, you weren't on a motorcycle. Hit a deer on my bike in 2008, was lucky to only get a broken collarbone and some cracked ribs. Could have been worse. I've been lucky enough to have never hit a deer other than that one.
100_0027.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it could grow a little bigger and come out this year and run into your truck! Be vigilant! I don't trust them!

The insurance adjuster told me that he had 12 deer strikes in the month of Oct...that's a dozen for just him and he told me that he's one of 16 adjusters in his office!

That's a lot of venison if you extrapolate the numbers.....

It's been four days and I miss my truck. Over the weekend, I avoided going out since I didn't want to drive that POS. I finally went grocery shopping Sunday evening but I just don't like driving it. Yesterday, as soon as I hopped in to go home from work, Enterprise car rental called to be sure that everything was okay. I told the poor girl that "this car is a piece of crap"...she was clearly taken aback so I quickly apologized and explained that I went from a very nice, loaded full size SUV to a stripped down, tiny imitation of a suv and while it certainly wasn't her fault, I asked for her to please excuse my shortness. Of course I was screaming all this over the speaker on my phone since I hadn't yet taken the time to pair my phone to the car....I missed 4 other calls on the way home. I paired it when I got home....but I still miss my truck, badly!

jeff
I know exactly what you mean Jeff. When I had my truck in for water leak testing, the gave me a 2017 Fusion Hybrid to drive, it too was a piece of crap compared to the Expedition.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the deer strike. As Polarizer said, be glad it wasn't a moose, or, as in my case, you weren't on a motorcycle. Hit a deer on my bike in 2008, was lucky to only get a broken collarbone and some cracked ribs. Could have been worse. I've been lucky enough to have never hit a deer other than that one.
View attachment 22149
Damn! Glad you are healing up.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As you can see in my sig Elliot, I ride a LOT.....and most of my touring begins at night because A, I love riding at night and B, "critters" are usually a lot safer then "joan putting on her makeup" or "Ted texting Joan". Thankfully, I've never hit anything bigger than I could eat at one sitting.

I once did the Rt 50 from Clarksburg to Parkersburg at night....50 miles with the deer so thick that at any one time, my bikes headlights could "see" a dozen......I never got higher than 3rd gear, never broke 45mph and as always, my three fingers of my right hand never lifted off the front brake lever! Scary ride, very scary because as we all know, you never know when they are going to jump and no telling in what direction!

Andy, the Fusion was a nice car...they gave me a new loaded '15 at my last job. Nice car with plenty of go.....but it's no Expedition! Kind of surprised that you disliked it so much but then again, maybe the hybrid is ******?

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you can see in my sig Elliot, I ride a LOT.....and most of my touring begins at night because A, I love riding at night and B, "critters" are usually a lot safer then "joan putting on her makeup" or "Ted texting Joan". Thankfully, I've never hit anything bigger than I could eat at one sitting.

I once did the Rt 50 from Clarksburg to Parkersburg at night....50 miles with the deer so thick that at any one time, my bikes headlights could "see" a dozen......I never got higher than 3rd gear, never broke 45mph and as always, my three fingers of my right hand never lifted off the front brake lever! Scary ride, very scary because as we all know, you never know when they are going to jump and no telling in what direction!

Andy, the Fusion was a nice car...they gave me a new loaded '15 at my last job. Nice car with plenty of go.....but it's no Expedition! Kind of surprised that you disliked it so much but then again, maybe the hybrid is ******?

jeff
My Daughter's 2016 Fusion with the small EcoBoost had more power and road better than the hybrid. It seemed to ride rougher than my Expedition. I would have rather had an older Expedition.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean Jeff. When I had my truck in for water leak testing, the gave me a 2017 Fusion Hybrid to drive, it too was a piece of crap compared to the Expedition.

They gave me a Chevy Spark. Still not sure it qualifies as a car.
http://images.parkers.bauercdn.com/...exterior/1752x1168/chevy_spark_050713(21).jpg

Don't ever...EVER....let a friend or family use one of those. The entire "dash" is contained in a small module bolted to the steering column.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My in laws own a 2015 fully loaded fusion and it's a nice car no doubt. But (big but) it does indeed ride stiff as mentioned earlier, and it's small...just small, economical but small. I just can't do small anymore. With two kids, my wife, and a whole lotta music gear, I just need big. And 4wd too. Winter is here. The fusion is bowing to the Expedition in the snow.

EDIT: Does ride stiffer. Mistype earlier read “doesn’t”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of my daughters have Fusions. The youngest has a 2007 and the oldest has a 2016, both of them drive and rode better than the hybrid. Both of theirs have 4 cylinder engines. The newest has the 1.2 EcoBoost, if I remember correctly.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both of my daughters have Fusions. The youngest has a 2007 and the oldest has a 2016, both of them drive and rode better than the hybrid. Both of theirs have 4 cylinder engines. The newest has the 1.2 EcoBoost, if I remember correctly.

192" & 3500-3600 lbs of large car propelled by a 1.2L???

Did I fall asleep and wake up in Europe?????