Oil Change on the FX4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired_chemist

Reaction score
Changed the oil for he first time on my 2019 FX4. I had to remove the two skid plates under the engine and front differential, and the felt like aerodynamic pad under the engine. The filter is accessible after the skid plates are removed, and the drain plug is hidden by the felt pad. A battery powered impact wrench made it easier, but the skid plates are heavy. My 42,000 Ford Pass points I received when I bought the Espy disappeared, so I just did the job myself. Access for routine maintenance is a PITA.

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
I took my filter out from up top. Still not easy and very messy. Not looking forward to the next oil change.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my filter out from up top. Still not easy and very messy. Not looking forward to the next oil change.

I did mine from the top as well. Mine wasn't messy, but it sure is a pain to reach in there and almost lose your arm.