Opinion on 2012 w/20k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low miles are nice but thats almost too low. If the body/interior are absolutely flawless it might be worth it. Paying 10% of the purchase price for fluid changes does seem rather harsh, dealer or not. Work on getting that done at/near cost to close the deal. They're charging about double what it should be even at a shop. Markup on the fluids is probably 300% at that price.

How are those tires? Not original I hope, if so budget for them.

OP
OP
T

Tonspike

Reaction score
Low miles are nice but thats almost too low. If the body/interior are absolutely flawless it might be worth it. Paying 10% of the purchase price for fluid changes does seem rather harsh, dealer or not. Work on getting that done at/near cost to close the deal. They're charging about double what it should be even at a shop. Markup on the fluids is probably 300% at that price.

How are those tires? Not original I hope, if so budget for them.
Tires are not original thankfully, they've been changed a couple times since new.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lot of rust for 20K in a dry climate. Something doesn't add up.

What's the interior like? Condition? Options?

I'm thinkin' you should walk away.

FWIW, my '11 with 180 has less rust below and mine comes from where they put as much salt on the roads as they do fries from BK...

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has zero rust at 140k miles, something funny there. Trying to rack you on fluid changes too................wank

OP
OP
T

Tonspike

Reaction score
Why would tires have be changed "a couple of times" on a truck with 20,000 miles.
As far as I know the tires have been changed in front and in back individually as sets at different times and have since been rotated. I’ll put on a matching set once settled—it’s hard finding a lot of info on these former government vehicles.

Lot of rust for 20K in a dry climate. Something doesn't add up.

What's the interior like? Condition? Options?

I'm thinkin' you should walk away.

FWIW, my '11 with 180 has less rust below and mine comes from where they put as much salt on the roads as they do fries from BK...

The presence of rust is deceiving because while it originates from NM, the location in the state where it lived its life does get heavy snowfall. I’ve sent the pictures to a couple different Ford mechanics at this point, and they said it wasn’t a cause for concern as far as they could tell. Still, its presence at all is foreign to me as I’m used to pristine California cars.

Regarding the interior, it’s in perfect condition—both the interior and exterior are basically perfect and look brand new.

Mine has zero rust at 140k miles, something funny there. Trying to rack you on fluid changes too................wank

Luckily the dealer selling the truck isn’t the one trying to up-charge me on fluids, it’s the Ford dealer that did the pre purchase inspection.