Orange goes in but doesn't come out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_3866.JPG I'm determined to find the elusive orange wire to route power back to the 7 pin trailer plug. In the engine compartment in front of the driver is this big plug. I see a fat orange wire on the left (front of the car) but no orange on the side that goes to the back of the Expedition.
If one of you will please pop your hood and look at your plug...I'd appreciate it. Maybe I need a different plug thingy to pass the orange wire through? I opened the wrapping under the driveside door and the fat orange wire isn't in there. It has fuses in all the spots for the trailer. I don't want to string my own wire to the battery when the Expy clearly has one...somewhere.
HELP!

IMG_3863.JPG

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I believe that the orange wire is a 12v lead. There is a little info online about it on other Ford forums. Some sites say it's fat orange on one side and the other side has a fat black wire where they connect.

mwells

Reaction score
I had to do this on my 2010 Eddie Bauer EL. I ran a #8 awg externally, underneath. Lots of places to loom it through. It is really easy, quick, and you are sure of adequate power at the plug.