Park Assist Module(PAM) Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSNovi

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some guidance on where the PAM is located on my 2020 Expedition.

We started receiving the Park Assist Fault whenever we drive the vehicle. I purchased an OBD adapter and downloaded Forscan. The DTC told me the Rear Outer Right sensor had no signal. I thought no big deal and replaced the sensor with a new one. That didn’t fix it. I swapped the sensor with another one on the vehicle and still not working. I unplugged another sensor to make sure I was swapping the correct one and it am confident I am. It must be a wiring issue or something wrong with the module. I tested the sensor connector and it is getting 12V.

OP
OP
R

RSNovi

Reaction score
Still looking for some help on the location of the module so I can check the harness and module.

Jon2099

Reaction score
With Active Park assist it looks like it's near the base of the pillar between the front and second row seats on the passenger side according to the shop manual. It's part of the BCM on non-active park assist vehicles.
Screenshot 2023-03-06 2.35.35 PM.png

Jon2099

Reaction score
I should add that my previous post concerning the location of the PAM was for a 2018. That's the model I have. I hope it's helpful, but I suppose they could have moved it for the 2020.

sidepipes

Reaction score
The PAM module on the 20 Expy is located behind the driver's side C-pillar. The image above shows the location correctly, but the perspective view makes it look like the B-Pillar. Unfortunately, the location is not easy to get to.

1. Remove the C-Pillar trim panel
2. Remove the D-Pillar trim panel
3. Remove the third row seat
4. Remove load space trim panel

Too bad I was just out of warranty when I started getting the Park Aid Fault. Looks like I've got my weekend planned out. Remember that you need to PMI the PAM when replacing.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 103341.png

Screenshot 2023-04-04 103815.png