Rain noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
Bought a new 2020 Stealth last month. I'm hearing a lot of noise from the rear roof when it rains. Like a tin roof or oil can and loud. Using the handsfree phone is useless when it is raining. Am I the only one? Is it missing some sound deadening insulation?

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 is loud when it rains too. I was disappointed in how "tinny" it sounds in a heavy rain storm.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
Being in Phoenix, where it never rains, guess this is something I'll rarely need to worry about! On the other hand, I'm hoping for rain to see if my rain- sensing wipers work since they don't activate in the carwash, like my Edge did.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hoping for rain to see if my rain- sensing wipers work since they don't activate in the carwash, like my Edge did.
My rain-sensing wipers go NUTS in the carwash if I have forgotten to turn them off.

I would check:
a) that you have rain-sensing activated in the gauge cluster menu (you can select rain-sensing or traditional);
b) that your sensor is working properly (mine was either not installed correctly or had fallen at some point in the housing because the dealer had to fix it shortly after I took delivery); and
c) that you have them on (the stalk has to be turned to some level of "sensitivity" for them to actually be on).

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
My rain-sensing wipers go NUTS in the carwash if I have forgotten to turn them off.

I would check:
a) that you have rain-sensing activated in the gauge cluster menu (you can select rain-sensing or traditional);
b) that your sensor is working properly (mine was either not installed correctly or had fallen at some point in the housing because the dealer had to fix it shortly after I took delivery); and
c) that you have them on (the stalk has to be turned to some level of "sensitivity" for them to actually be on).
I've checked that they're turned on several times. My very first time in the car wash, I turned them off, knowing from my Edge. I'll have to check the sensor. My Edge never required them to be on any sensitivity. If it misted or poured, it activated them accordingly. I'll have to re-read the manual, perhaps I missed something.