Rattle at start up??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobtek

Reaction score
Hello. Simi new here. Been lurking for awhile.

have a few issues with our 2018 Platinum.
Searched on here and didn’t find anything about a rattle at Cold start up. It sounds like an exhaust heat shield....... but searching the net, found this on the Raptor Forums. anyone else have this going On?

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/engine-rattle-noise-at-start-up.61905/

a
lso have the rattle above the passenger seat sunroof rattle.

and the mirrors freak out and won’t stop trying to adjust/popping when using the driver memory settings.

After THREE recent Escalade Lemon law buy backs. Really like the Ford, just has a few small bugs to work out.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Hey, did you find any solution for the mirrors or cold start rattle?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score

Searched on here and didn’t find anything about a rattle at Cold start up. It sounds like an exhaust heat shield....... but searching the net, found this on the Raptor Forums. anyone else have this going On?

a

and the mirrors freak out and won’t stop trying to adjust/popping when using the driver memory settings.

After THREE recent Escalade Lemon law buy backs. Really like the Ford, just has a few small bugs to work out.

This mirror issue just hit my 2018 Expy XLT this morning. I appear to stop this instance of the defect by folding the mirrors back in then back out.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This mirror issue just hit my 2018 Expy XLT this morning. I appear to stop this instance of the defect by folding the mirrors back in then back out.
Yes, a rapid press depress will stop this. You don’t even need to let them fold all the way in, just the motion of folding stops it so you can press that button in a quick succession.

awwiggins

Reaction score

a

I ran into this very same issue on my 2018. The dealership kept it overnight to duplicate the issue even though I provided a video of the cold start rattle. They ended up replacing a cam phaser (SSM 48272) and the problem has been gone for 3 weeks.

They also performed the update for the mirrors (SSM 47835), panoramic sunroof rattle, and verified the paused shifting between 4th and 5th is normal. *eye roll