Rear Glass hinge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, the hinge bolt that bolts the glass to the inge came out.

Anyone replaced a hinge on the back glass? If so, got any tips?

Thanks,
RC

65comet

Reaction score
My bolt came out because the bolt was eaten away due to the dissimilar metals. I cleaned up the bolt and the corrosion around the hinge, but the bolt was no longer long enough to engage the threads. So I suggest getting new bolts and coating them with anti-seize. The anti-seize will stop the non-matching metal contact and future corrosion between them. I had the same problem on my Escape but there was enough thread to reuse the old bolt. But I had to clamp things together real tight before a thread would engage. Might as well take apart the other hinge while you are at it and clean it up before it pops out. And an extra set of hands to hold the window in place makes it a lot easier.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
What you described is exactly what has happened to me. So my question is this, can you just get the bolts? And if so, what is part number?
If I need to get the entire hinge assembly, would you happen to know the part number for that?

Thank you for your response!
RC

B

bedrck46

my suggestion would be to go to the local ford dealers parts dept and ask if the parts are available and if you need the whole assembly or just the bolts etc get the part numbers for your expy and then do a search on e-bay or other places on line

Of course make sure you give him the year model etc information Other than that I may have been able to give you better information

B

bedrck46

also do a search on e-bay plenty of hinges there I just looked

65comet

Reaction score
The dealer had the bolt by itself and would have had to order a complete hinge if I needed one. Receipt with part number thrown away a long time ago, so I can't help you there. He probably had several due to it happening a lot.