Rear HVAC door Actuator Calibration Procedure, Issues after battery replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
I installed a new battery today. After the install both rear actuators seem to be out of calibration. They worked fine before the battery swap. I have found conflicting information on what exactly the procedure is to re-calibrate them. Does anyone have the re-calibration procedure for the Gen 3's?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a new battery today. After the install both rear actuators seem to be out of calibration. They worked fine before the battery swap. I have found conflicting information on what exactly the procedure is to re-calibrate them. Does anyone have the re-calibration procedure for the Gen 3's?

When power is disconnected, then reconnected, and the HVAC system is turned “on” - the actuators go through a self calibration process without any commands. Usually takes about one minute. During this time, the HVAC controls should not be moved.

Why do you think the rear actuators are out-of-calibration?

OP
OP
A

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
I can hear them trying to do the calibration procedure (didn’t realize that’s what they were trying to do), but they’re both clicking now. They were fine prior to changing the battery.

OP
OP
A

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
Well I confirmed both rear actuators are fine. The issue is the mode actuator has calibrated itself to far one way (heat/floor), and not enough the other way (Cool/ceiling). The clicking I was hearing was it running out of travel space in the heat mode. I just got into ceiling mode and disconnected it so now both heat and cool mode will both come out the ceiling. Which is fine for us.

This is after I tried lifting the negative a few times to force a recalibration. It would try to recalibrate but always end up in a bad way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett