Rear Parking Aid Sensor- Retainer Clip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty19

Reaction score
I’m stumped. Bought my wife’s 2017 Expy and it was missing one of the rear parking sensors on the corner of the bumper.

We ordered one and I just went to pop it in and realized it’s missing something.

I looked on the opposite side and see there is some sort of a “retainer” that holds the actual sensor… called multiple dealerships and auto parts stores, they have NO clue what I’m talking about….

Does anyone have a part number or know what it’s called? Is it supposed to be a part of the bumper itself? Or is it removable?

(Photos show the missing sensor hole in the bumper and the opposite side that is still attached)

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5093.jpeg
    IMG_5093.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5091.jpeg
    IMG_5091.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

clake0000

Reaction score
You're probably right about it being part of the bumper. If you check out the photos of the inside of this bumper that's for sale (bumper only; not including parking sensors) you'll see that it seems to have those retaining sections integrated into the bumper.

I don't know if you're still dealing with this problem now that a month has passed, but can you rig something up to hold the sensor in place? Maybe you could use some fiberglass, JB weld PlasticWeld or something similar to attach an improvised clip onto the inside of the bumper.

Or this guy just applies some adhesive directly to the hole that the sensor fits through. If you go this route you'll probably want to use as little adhesive as possible just in case the sensor ever has to be replaced in the future.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're probably right about it being part of the bumper.

Can confirm. When one of my retainer clips broke off, the entire bumper needed to be replaced.

I used JB Weld instead, still holding to this day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett