rear subwoofer spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you could also mount your amp in the same location as your stock one if you wanted to. that would keep it out of the way and you could run all of your wires under the carpet. then you could mount the 10 in the location of the stock sub...just a thought.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk wht u mean by mdf? i was trying to look around and couldnt find anything. but my deck is a single din. i had a single din dvd flip out. liked it but it was cheap and u get wht u pay for. so what ever. im going to give that to my gf or sell it. not sure which yet. but those rca converters are what i was talking about being a pain in the @$$. i can do them but damn i hate doing them. or you can exstend your high power wires that come with the amp to the deck. but thats a lot of wire u have to make longer and hide and a lot more work. and i hate that angled bar thingy. dose anyone know how to remove that? i had to cut the bracket my deck came with. it works but damn sure looks crappy. i should just take my truck in and have it all redone. alarm, speakers, and new bracket. my speakers keep cutting out. i know why i just dont like to redo it. its nothing big just a pain.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mdf is medium density fiber board..... U can buy it at lowes.... Usually in a 4x 8 sheet.... I used it to build a custom box behind the third row seat to hold 2 12s and 2 10s and my amps...... If u were gonna build one for under the seat u would have to check for the cubics needed by ur specific sub, plus u need to check clearance to make sure when the sub hits it doesnt contact ne thing.... Dont use less then 3/4inch mdf and make sure it is air tight and completely sealed with clear silicone.... And be sure to counter sink for ur screws..... If u dont feel like going thru all that, i kno u can find self amplified tens already made for under the seats.... I believe u can get them on crutchfield....... Maybe ur best way and easiest......
FOUND ONE.... CHEAPER THAN CRUTCHFIELD.......

http://www.buy.com/prod/infinity-ba...r/q/listingid/28954116/loc/111/203023424.html

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats it. i knew it was something like that. but yeah u can get it almost everywhere. just look around. or look on youtube theres videos on how to build boxes out of the most random stuff that actually works if u trust the videos.