rear view mirror wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctfl

Reaction score
Looking for a wiring diagram for the rearview mirror on a 2011 expedition king ranch. It has a 10 pin connector going to it. I think I've identified the 12v power as the light blue wire at pin #1 and the ground as the black wire at pin #10 but want to make sure before hooking the radar detector into them. If anyone knows where I can find a wiring schematic or has any knowledge of this 10 pin connector / mirror that would be helpful.
Thanks.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually, alldata has wiring diagrams.

Either way, for the 03-06, it seems we only have a 7 pin connector, with only 3 of the pins being used. One (#1, white/light blue) gives power during start and run, one is ground (#2, black or black/light blue), and one gives power when the truck is in reverse (#3, violet/white or black/pink). The reverse one is there since the mirror goes into full reflective mode when in reverse. I guess it's so no one can sue becuase the mirror dimmed up on them.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually, alldata has wiring diagrams.

Either way, for the 03-06, it seems we only have a 7 pin connector, with only 3 of the pins being used. One (#1, white/light blue) gives power during start and run, one is ground (#2, black or black/light blue), and one gives power when the truck is in reverse (#3, violet/white or black/pink). The reverse one is there since the mirror goes into full reflective mode when in reverse. I guess it's so no one can sue because the mirror dimmed up on them.

Usually, a radar detector draws very little power, so it should be fine piggy backing off the power wire you found. Just make sure it's hot only in start/run, so the RD is not on all the time.

Last edited:

NJexpy

Reaction score
Looking for a wiring diagram for the rearview mirror on a 2011 expedition king ranch. It has a 10 pin connector going to it. I think I've identified the 12v power as the light blue wire at pin #1 and the ground as the black wire at pin #10 but want to make sure before hooking the radar detector into them. If anyone knows where I can find a wiring schematic or has any knowledge of this 10 pin connector / mirror that would be helpful.
Thanks.

I am looking at purchasing the same, 2011 KR, and would like to hardwire my V1, were you able to figure this out and do you have any info you can share...thank you.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take a multimeter, and see what wires provide power with the key in ON, and tap off that. Radar detectors don't draw much power.

vincentesq

Reaction score
I tried it out on my 2011 Expedition XLT, and member CTFL is correct. Light blue (#1) is positive, and black at #10 slot is ground. Works perfect! Thanks.