Rear Windshield Fluid Not Dispensing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a new '18 Platinum that I got a month ago. In the past two weeks the rear windshield washer is not dispensing any washer fluid. The wiper blade turns like normal and I can hear the motor humming to dispense the fluid but nothing comes out. The reservoir under the hood was pretty low, so I put some Rain-X wiper fluid in there and filled it close to the top. It took probably half the new bottle. However, the same issue still exists. No change.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and also if anyone knows any advice or tips. I think something must be stuck or crimped, etc. to not allow the fluid to go through to the back. I would love to avoid going to the dealer for this but obviously will do so if needed. Everything else so far on the Expedition has been great.

Dscustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you go to the dealer? It’s a brand new 80k truck lol. I bring mine in for every dumb little thing.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had couplers on the hoses to the rear nozzle pop off and leak out everywhere under the hood. Easy fix… I usually add a zip tie to keep it on there.

Still, I'd just go to the dealer to have them do it.

EricExpedition

Reaction score
I've noticed on ours that the fluid is very slow to start spraying. The rear blade wipes twice before it sprays. If you go to the dealer, let us know what they say!

OP
OP
A

Astro

Reaction score
Finally got around the taking it into the dealership. The first place, near my house, asked me if I bought it from them - I got this in Louisiana, and then they told me it'd be 2-3 days for them to look at it. How convenient for them ask where I bought it from before they tell me how long it would be.

So I drove 30 minutes to a much more well-reviewed dealership and they had me in and out in an hour. Turns out it was just a kinked water hose. It works perfect now. Looks like I'll be returning to that dealership in the future and avoiding the one near my house.