Rear Wiper Problem 2000 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2000 EB and the rear wiper shaft seems loose. It can move in and out an inch or more so the weather seal or grommet is never attached to the sheet metal which allows rain to enter. Am I dealing with a loose mounting bolt or something else? I'd like to hear from others who ave dealt with this problem before I tear into it. Rich [email protected]

ssbroly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine. One of the mounts for the wiper motor broke. Pull the panel off the inside and take a look. I had a buddy of mine re-weld the bracket, but I think it broke again. You can buy a new seal for the exterior on the internet, I forget where I got mine, it was like 5 bucks or something. I could not find just the bracket, every one wanted to sell the motor with it. That's why I had it re welded.
And when you have that panel off, take a look at the handle mechanism, too. Mine was rusted so I cleaned it up and re-lubed it.

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wiper

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a go. Rich

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah ... seems pretty common.

Mine broke loose and got left on which was draining my battery overnite!

Took some fuse pulling to find that one. :mad:

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks !

Thanks guys !
I just opened the liftgate up and found one bracket leg broken clean off. Will have it welded later and that should be it. Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1