REAR WIPER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brhulen

Reaction score
I love this forum and the wealth of information and opinions offered up to peruse. I'm not all that media or tech savvy either. It's amusing when the use of CAPS are criticized. Seems to me it just makes it easier to read and my hearing is unaffected. That being said when someone asks for information rather than saying "do a search", wouldn't it be easier to simply direct them to the particular area or subject they're looking for. Then someone says to use commas and periods. Yet another person responds saying WTF, and crickets! Come on guys and gals it's a forum for Expeditions.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love this forum and the wealth of information and opinions offered up to peruse. I'm not all that media or tech savvy either. It's amusing when the use of CAPS are criticized. Seems to me it just makes it easier to read and my hearing is unaffected. That being said when someone asks for information rather than saying "do a search", wouldn't it be easier to simply direct them to the particular area or subject they're looking for. Then someone says to use commas and periods. Yet another person responds saying WTF, and crickets! Come on guys and gals it's a forum for Expeditions.

I suggested the search, then directly linked to the thread where all the options were laid out with part numbers. That was the 2nd and 4th post in the thread.

I gave her suggestions on how to help herself in the future, and directly answered her question within the first 4 posts. She apologized for the all caps and I welcomed her.

The thread went off the rails when people started posting incorrect info for what the 2017 Expedition uses. Sorry if any of my responses were perceived as rude or blunt.

Thanks all for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
The advantage of advising "do a search" is that MANY subjects are already well documented on this Forum. It's like "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.” I kinda know your point (not actually) but why should a responder do the search when the OP can do that work? A lot of times you can't even understand the OP's question or model or year or etc. I do a little of both. If I know of a good thread I will post that as a reply but I couldn't comprehensively post ALL the great content to the OP's question. So no, it's not easier, it can be a bit of work to find the relevant threads. A lot of people dont even know they can search the Forum and find a ton of good info. And a lot don't know (me included) the correct syntax of tricks to use in a search on this Forum. Like ... do caps matter in the search string? What keywords should I use (terminology, eg "thumping").

Also, you can sometimes reply with "thats in the owners manual". That teaches the OP and a whole bunch of other people where to get answers. You could post an image of the specific page of the specific owners manual or a link to the specific owners manual but people should understand that you can search and find ANY owners manual. So can (with a broad brush) help a lot of people rather than one question.

Last edited:

Brons2

Reaction score
I need a new arm for my 2010 Gator because the little piece that covers the bolt has fallen off, and it's unsightly to see the bolt all the time.

I clicked on the link for the other thread that's in the 3rd or 4th post and it seems like the Dorman with the traditional hook style arm is what I would prefer over the OEM design. I won't bother with the Icon though, the $8 Costco blades are fine with me, I live in Central Texas and 99% of the time snow and ice are not an issue. February 2021 being one exception, but, I just pulled the Gator in the garage.

Last edited:

rosetejas

Reaction score
From what I understand, there are two different rear wiper models for the 17's. I have had a lot of trouble finding ones that fit becasue of that. I checked out the Dorman model listed above and it showed as NOT compatible with my 2017 Expy.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I understand, there are two different rear wiper models for the 17's. I have had a lot of trouble finding ones that fit becasue of that. I checked out the Dorman model listed above and it showed as NOT compatible with my 2017 Expy.

This one fit my 2017 XLT built on Oct 7 2016-- Dorman 42651 Wiper Arm
with 16" J hook blade 9mm x 3 or 9mm x 4 Trico (carquest) XQ16

night vision

Reaction score
Sorry if any of my responses were perceived as rude or blunt.

No worries. We've all been there. when you spend loads of time on any forum. The input is much appreciated.

I just bought a 2017 Expedition EL Limited with 30,000 miles, so I'll be on here a bit more. It replaced my 2004 Expedition EB with 111,000 miles. I swear I had an older account here at one time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See you around!

Phil