Recommendation on transferring engine/transmission from 2000 EB to 2002 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So as you may know my 2000 EB was wrecked and the from frame is toast. Not worth trying to fix its bent 45 degrees. Found a guy locally who has a 2002 EB that he was haivng work done on and someone stole the engine and transmission. I'm trying to decode what it was. So far I see its a 4R70 tranny which leads me to believe it was probably a 4.6L. Now, the radiator shroud on the 2000 was pushed into the fan clutch and its bound up. however, the motor was running when it was shut off so I'm hoping its fine. What parts would I need to consider swapping to the 2002 should I move the 5.4 and 4R100 over if it was a 4.6 and 4R70. This one also has coil springs vs the air ride.

Guy was 1000 for the body. I'll try to work it down and between the two trucks I should end up with a pretty good vehicle. Just not sure I have it in me to rebuild another damn truck.

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK. Update...I just ran the VIN and its actually a 2000 EB with a 4.6L, 4R70 tranny, and code 17 axel which I think is a 3.31.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what site you ran the vin on but try ford etis it will give a readout of all that was on the expy when built

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
used ETIS and it comes up as a C-Max 2007-2010. Seems to get the engine, tranny and gear ratio right but the vehicle is wrong.
I also assume Less Rear Axle Limited Slip Diff that it does NOT have a limited slip differential.

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have pretty much decided that I don't have the energy in me to do a swap like that. Just way to much work. With that said....if anyone needs parts. I have a DOA 2000 EB sitting in my driveway. I think I'm just going to pull the engine and sell it. its basically broken in. New intake, rebuilt fuel injectors, all new sensors and what not. Try to recover what I can out of it and scrap the rest.

FX4FOUR

Reaction score
Hey ! read your problems with yor expy. I am located in Fort Walton Beach, and interested in your wrecked Expy.

Not sure how to make contact, other than a reply from the posting here at the Ford Expedition site.

Please reply in some form, we can get together and see what can be worked out.

I will be looking for your reply

Jerry