replace cigarette lighter socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadetree

Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced the cigarette lighter socket in a 1997 Expedition. My Haynes doesn't show it and I sure could use some help...Thanks.

OP
OP
Shadetree

Shadetree

Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced the cigarette lighter socket in a 1997 Expedition. My Haynes doesn't show it and I sure could use some help...Thanks.

ok...ok...I'm not going to use it to light cigarettes..I need it to run my notebook..My CB is plugged into the aux...If you help me here, you won't be contributing to my habit..I quit a few years back...

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant remember where it was at on my 97. i had to replace the lighter on my 96 ranger. all i had to do was pop out the center stack(radio surround etc.) the lighter had a ring that screwed around the lighter that held it to the dash. unplug the one wire that is attached and reverse process.

here is a link to how to do it. hope this helps

http://www.ehow.com/how_7561415_remove-lighter-ford-expedition.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadetree

Shadetree

Reaction score
Thanks for the link...it must be for a different year Expy..I'm not sure what panel next to the driver's seat they are talking about..I've taken off the whole lower panel and still can't get up behind to access the wires. I'm considering just installing an additional bolt on power point..I can't believe Ford wouldn't have made the lighter replacement more accessable....Thanks again..

OP
OP
Shadetree

Shadetree

Reaction score
"NOTE TO SELF"....The next time your lighter socket needs replaceing on your '97 Expy, buy a Bic......